Author Topic: Give It Away  (Read 72 times)

Offline Rev. Clint

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
Give It Away
« on: August 17, 2020, 22:56:27 »
This past year and a half, especially these last few months have been eye opening. This pandemic, losing a good job due to the pandemic, coming to terms with knowing that we won't have a family of our own, rescuing two beagles, trees falling through our home, health issues, etc. It's been a journey and quite the adventure.

Through it all and the last 19 years, my wife and I are continually growing. He still has a purpose for us. Praise God! However, in that growing we have also grown in our accumulation of things. Stuff that we've collected over the years. Items that we have saved for futures as a just in case. Collections, trinkets, and a whole lot of useless junk that we've saved for use some time later in life.

It's amazing how trials and tribulations can bring our focus back on God; a focus that we should have everyday. My wife and I have been able to see a greater plan in progress. God is reminding us that we don't need all this stuff. We are harboring things that could be needed by someone else. We are saving stuff that someone else could use and enjoy right now. My wife and I have come to the realization that we just don't need any of it anymore and we have been giving it all away.

We are on a new path. We believe that God is rebuilding our life so that when the world is safe again, we will be able to go out and do whatever we can to help others. To be beacons of God's light. To show others what unconditional love looks like. To spread the Good Word. We believe that our Father is using this time to help us grow by letting go.

Giving stuff away feels good. In doing so, it helps us to let go of the past. It's eerie how covetous we become without really seeing it when everything is tucked away in a box somewhere. God tells us that He will meet all of our needs according to His riches and glory. Sometimes when we let go of what we think we need, God wants to show us what our lives could be without it.

We all have stuff. But how much do we really need? We all know that we can't take it with us when we go to heaven. And I realize that some of our things are for hobbies or holidays or for some sort of enjoyment. But how much other stuff is just sitting there collecting dust that could be used by someone else? If you have reservations on where it should go, don't. Just let it go. Do it with a good heart. Do it out of love and you've done your job. It's time to let go and give it away.
God bless & God speed.
Grace and peace be with you.

Offline Chaplain Shane

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
    • RTS Ministries
Re: Give It Away
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 04:48:24 »
Very well put and made me think of what I have to give away. God bless you.