Author Topic: Veins in the Christian Heart ... Acts 13.4-12  (Read 16 times)

Offline PastorGerald

• Board of Directors
  • Forum Member
Veins in the Christian Heart ... Acts 13.4-12
« on: September 01, 2018, 17:22:59 »

Veins in Your Christian Heart … Acts 13.4-12

The roads you travel are like veins in the heart. When it comes to trouble and blockage, it doesn’t seem to matter whether the road you travel in life is for Jesus or for yourself. If ‘for Jesus’, that is commendable as it is eternal. If the heart of your travel is for yourself, you may find temporary joy; which is not eternal joy. Either road you travel, for Jesus or for yourself, it has the commonality of the potential for trouble in your journey.  On this side of heaven, all veins, whether for Christian mission or for life in general, has the potential for trouble.

I have pastored, traveled or held revivals from the shores of the Gulf of Mexico to the state of Michigan; from the state of Washington and Colorado to the states of Florida, Georgia, Pennsylvania, and other eastern states.  One may think that all roads were free and clear; however, Christian mission does not always come easily. As a matter of fact, it would have been easier to stay in my home land and live for myself; where my life for Jesus could still have been a mission. However, in the first half of my ministry for Jesus, I was led by the Holy Spirit to places I knew nothing about. The road has had many veins, roads of occasional doubt. I can think of one vein which totally collapsed, and I could not see; but even then, God was faithful by His undeserving “GRACE” upon me. 

Acts 13.4-12 gives us the first Christian journey. The Spirit of Jesus led Paul and Barnabas to Cyprus; an island in the Mediterranean Sea.  On this first journey to the ends of the world, there was a vein blockage. Two men of God were to minister to the governor of the island, but a bad man try to prevent them from doing so. Paul persisted, dealt with the man, and he broke through the blockage. As a result, the governor believed.  Though we are not given the depth of the governor’s belief, it was initial belief. The Holy Spirit opened the vein of the Christian heart of the mission.

Though we are not all called to travel the land and seas, we are, as Christians, called and led of the Holy Spirit to leading others to a personal relationship with Jesus.  If you enter such a task, be sure you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; before you think you can lead another to the special place.

Looking at Paul and Barnabas’ trouble on Cyprus (Acts 13.4-12), there are three considerations that will open the missional closed veins to what God is calling you to and through.

First, never assume that trouble closes the door to what the Holy Spirit has led or called you to. If there is personal sin or rebellion, which was not the case of Paul and Barnabas, kick the closed door and see that God won’t open it.

Secondly, if trouble comes in the way of accomplishing what the Holy Spirit calls you to, face the opposition in truth. In other words, call the opposition what it is; deal honestly with the issue. You may have to correct a troublemaker by the power of the Spirit of Jesus.

Thirdly, remember that the journey may not be quick and easy. Paul and Barnabas had to travel the whole length of the island to get to where the governor was. When we think we have gone far enough, remember, the focus point, where God wants us, may be much further down the road or over the land. Maybe, it’s the wrong spot.  Know God’s focus point.

How are the veins in your Christian heart?

Pastor Gerald Casselman