Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Proving by the Holy Spirit (Acts 8.9-25)

So, suppose we have accepted Jesus Christ? The question here is, “Do we invite the ‘presence ‘of the Holy Spirit?  Surely upon accepting Jesus Christ, the new Christian must have (and desires to have) the Holy Spirit.

About 15 years ago, I was in the deep south of the United States. I was seeking the Lord’s direction where He wanted me to relocate. I had two calls… 1) to South Carolina or 2) to Arkansas. I sought the Lord’s desire and He directed me to Arkansas. We must have the Holy Spirit guiding our moves and our heart; for this is the experience after which one initially receives Jesus.

How does the Holy Spirit work in our lives?     Look at what happened to a man who misused the Holy Spirit; after which he had accepted Jesus Christ.     

This is about the gift of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers and one’s attempt or misuse of the Holy Spirit. It is about accepting Jesus Christ and the further acceptance of the Holy Spirit. It would seem that the two are separate experiences in the Christian faith. It would further seem that the Holy Spirit proves the initial acceptance of Jesus in the believer’s life.

Simon accepted Jesus Christ; along with the people of Samaria; an area north of Jerusalem and in-between Jerusalem (Judea) and Galilee. Before the acceptance of Jesus, Simon was a powerful display of magic; a magic the Samaritans thought was a great power from God. After he and the Samaritans heard the Phillip’s preaching of Jesus Christ and the realm of God, they left that darkness and entered into the light of Christ.

It was good that Simon accepted Jesus, but the further experience of the Holy Spirit was about to reveal the darkness still hidden in his heart and life. He sought to buy the further Christian experience of the Holy Spirit; rather than to allow the Spirit to change and mold his heart. Simon sought to, not only buy, but to control and become an authorization over it; as he did with the dark powers of sorcery which he previously worked in.

Peter and John came to Samaria after they heard about the Samaritans accepting Jesus Christ. Because they had yet to receive the Holy Spirit, Peter and John laid hands on them and they received the Spirit. Simon, rather than to experience the indwelling movement of the Spirit (within his heart) gave his attention over to the effort to control and manage it over the lives of people. Peter picked up on this error and sharply rebuked Simon. Simon asked Peter and John to pray for him; however, it doesn’t seem that Simon’s desire was for the work of the Spirit in his heart. Simon’s focus was more on keeping out of trouble. Peter had condemned Simon’s heart and his money. Simon placed more value upon keeping himself safe from perishing; rather than to seek God’s forgiveness and movement in his heart.   

What is our present experience in the Holy Spirit?  Could we have accepted Jesus Christ without the experience of the Holy Spirit?   Seems we could be in danger, as Simon was, of perishing.  Do you have the Holy Spirit proving your Christian experience? What a joy it is to have this ‘proving experience.’   

addition: I want to make a careful addition to this writing. The deep purpose of this passage (Acts 8.9-25) is the inner work of the Holy Spirit which Simon wasn't allowing in him. The Holy Spirit is the very presence of the Lord in the heart cleansing the heart of the sin nature. Without this inner work movement of the Spirit in the heart, Christians fall away and many may not even know the genuine initial salvation experience. This surly was an early mistake in the new Christian life Simon. Possibly, he could have rectified it; however, the text doesn't entail that he did. If we have made this error of attempting to control the Lord in our lives, remember, God is so forgiving. Repent, ask for forgiveness and move onward to the great things of God in your life and for your world.
Star Village Square (General Discussion) / Re: No Life
« Last post by littleolemedkc on June 20, 2018, 19:48:51 »
Amennnn Bishop!! It is by no means dead...God is in the midst with resurrection power! Halleluyah!!
« Last post by Rev. Clint on June 20, 2018, 12:48:20 »
Amen. God is in control.
Star Village Square (General Discussion) / Re: Please Pray for Solution
« Last post by Rev. Richard on June 13, 2018, 22:27:59 »
we are praying for your situation and sure God will work it out.
Star Village Square (General Discussion) / Please Pray for Solution
« Last post by Bishop Harry on June 08, 2018, 19:06:16 »
My Brothers and Sisters

Please be in prayer, In January Brenda lost her job and was out of work for 5 months and as a result we fell behind three payments on our home and are about to lose it.  I set up a GoFundMe account to help save our home as we have until June 30th to either come up with the $1794 or lose our home for good.  Please pray and if God should lead you here is the site.  https://www.gofundme.com/thehgreenefamily
Star Village Square (General Discussion) / Brother Paul Leuck
« Last post by Bishop Harry on June 02, 2018, 10:45:07 »
Please contact me on revharrygreene@bellsouth.net ASAP
« Last post by Bishop Harry on June 02, 2018, 10:39:15 »
Brother it's not dead, it is still alive as Christ is still working in Star Vision Christian Ministries and I know this because of the changes that are in the process of being made.  I see great things happening and know that God's hand is on our ministry and on our lives so keep the faith and know that God is still in control.
Star Village Square (General Discussion) / Memorial Day 2018
« Last post by Chaplain Elizabeth on May 27, 2018, 21:05:39 »
I continue to pray for you and your family, brother Harry.  It is these trying times that test our faith but the greatest blessing is knowing that God is with us Always.
Our God is good, the surgery which was to relieve pain and restore use of my right arm was mostly a success and having started physical therapy on May 10th and while it is painful God has given me the strength to endure.  Satan has tossed a few obstacles in my direction but God is faithful and will make a way.  Both my legs have infection in them because of ulcers on them but I am not worried about them as I am a child of the Living God.

Last Saturday the front left wheel bearings locked up on my truck and I was astonished at just how high towing was let alone how much the bearings will be to fix it but I stand on God's Word and believe he will make a way.  Please join me in prayer as it is going to take $177 to fix my truck and I know God is able to make it happen. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10