Author Topic: Feedback for SVCM Future  (Read 662 times)

Offline Bishop Harry

• Senior Ministry Director
  • Administrator
  • Forum Member
Feedback for SVCM Future
« on: March 17, 2016, 10:30:19 »
Attention Members:

I am asking all members to have an imput into the future of SVCM because without you the member and those ordained this ministry would not exist.  The Board of Directors welcomes members to tell us what would you like to see going on as to make this ministry more effective.  Any idea's would be relevant as the growth of SVCM where we can reach more people with the truth of the Gospel. Programs as church planting, youth ministry, senior ministry, and what would cause this ministry to expand. Being an online ministry is great but I know God wants more for this ministry.   Be honest and let us know. 
Rev. Harry Greene
Senior Administrative Bishop
Star Vision Christian Ministries, Inc.
123 Thurman Drive, Thomaston, GA 30286
478-254-9958
"Ask not what God can do for you but what you can do for God" Called to Ministry and answering God's call.

Offline Taffy Chifamuna

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
    • Impact Opportunity Botswana
Re: Feedback for SVCM Future
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 14:51:18 »
I feel we can make more impact if we go into life-coaching, Training and Cerification. There is need for Christian Life coaching.

Offline Bishop Harry

• Administrator
  • Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 15:25:15 »
Taffy

Can you send me some information for this? 
Rev. Harry Greene
478-254-9958
"Ask not what God can do for you but what you can do for God" Called to Ministry and answering God's call.

Offline Rev. Rachel

• Board of Directors
  • Forum Member
    • Word On Fire Ministries Colorado
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 11:56:53 »
I really feel like using the internet is the best way to reach anyone and everyone with the Gospel. Talking to people one on one is great, but not very effective in todays society.

Facebook is a great way to reach out. I know that Star Vision is predominantly online already, but there is networking we can do and connect even with other online ministries and maybe even partner with others to reach our goals as a ministry This ministry will not ever be as successful as it could be without networking and reaching out to other Christian organizations. Many ministries stay separated and secluded because of doctrinal or theological differences, but Jesus calls us all to be of like mind and heart and to teach the good news to everyone so that they may believe. This ministry needs to be more open in my personal opinion to others views and thoughts and spiritual gifts as long as they are in line with the Bible and the way God would have us conduct business as a ministry and in our personal lives. I would definitely like to see more participation or some kid of a requirement for those who come to us for lessons and ordination I don't think it is right for people to come and get ordained and then go on their way without being a part of the organization that helped them get to where they are with the ministry. There should be a requirement that is set in stone and solid and requires a sacrifice of time and talent to remain a part of svcm because many people are taking advantage of our program because it is free and not that strict in requiring ordinants to keep in touch. This would be the first step in my opinion in our ministry becoming more effective and successful followed by networking and reaching out to other Christians and organizations willing to help us on our journey as a ministry. 
Rev. Rachel

Offline pastorfdavidson

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 10:13:25 »
I was ordained back in 2008 and most of my ministry is to other veteran's in crisis there really needs to be a veterans outreach program through our ministry.my goal is to build a sanctuary for homeless veterans in the country

Offline Bishop Harry

• Administrator
  • Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 13:02:43 »
Brother Davidson

If you will put together a proposal I will present it to the board and ask for their approval.  I completely agree with you that our veterans are neglected and when I was a police officer in DC I saw time and again veterans sleeping on the heat grates over the subways to keep warm in the winter.  I am with you on this.
Rev. Harry Greene
478-254-9958

Offline Rev. Richard

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 19:50:03 »
The problem with witnessing online is they have to be looking for you or your site.  The internet is good for Christian fellowship but as far a advancing the Kingdom it still is better to witness one to one and face o face.  I have ministered in street mission,nursinhomes and hospital visitations. In it I have seen life changes, salvation and healing in my years of ministry

Offline PastorGerald

• Board of Directors
  • Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 11:18:23 »
While it is the position of Star Vision Ministries to evangelize our world in the name of Jesus Christ, it is the function of this ministry to assist and equip those who come to us for that great work. It is the work of board of directors to accept, test, equip others to go out into their mission fields.  It is the responsibility of the board of directors to envision and discover the direction the Lord has us going in.  Though we are open to the insights of those we credential, it is the central core directors who must obey the Lord through His Holy Spirit.

First, our board must look at every potential applicant through the eyes and heart of Jesus Christ.   Some, who come to us, are not in the true faith of Jesus Christ. Brother Harry, I and the board of directors must pray over these applicants.

Secondly, it is the function of this ministry to equip those who come to us with the teaching of Jesus Christ.  We can't credential / license those who haven't been students of the Word of God 'Bible.' Those who come to us for credentialing must have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior; repented of sins and walk no more there in sin.  We must equip those by teaching them a solid understanding of who Jesus Christ is; that He is Lord and Savior and very much God. We must also teach our applicants, those we are considering as credentialed ministers, an even more thorough Christian theology with further teachings on evangelism; how to reach the lost.   If we can grow as a vital ministry, we must also teach our ministers how to preach. Though the Holy Spirit is the Author / Power for our preaching, our ministry must help, shape and teach the ministry of preaching the gospel of Christ.

Thirdly, we cannot leave out finances. Applicants must pay the fee, come on board with us, come under our directions and finally receive credentials.  I would suggest that we create a local ministers license; which entitles worthy and Spirit filled applicants recognition in their local home area as a minister.  Upon completion of Star Vision Christian Ministries course of study and board of directors guidance, we would then credential application  as ordained ministers. 

Pastor Jerry Casselman
Spirit & Grace Church of God & SVCM Board of Director
Elkhart, Indiana
Pastor Gerald Casselman

Offline Rev. Richard

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 16:28:31 »
That sounds good if enough would go for it.  Training is what is important. One should be born again and willing to be taught if needed.

Offline oldpaths

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
    • Livingwater Lighthouse Fellowship
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 07:34:44 »
Does Star Vision have a Facebook account? 
He that Believeth in Me, as the scripture says, out of His belly shall flow rivers of Living Water.