Author Topic: Seeking Suggestions to Improve SVCM  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Bishop Harry

• Senior Ministry Director
  • Administrator
  • Forum Member
Seeking Suggestions to Improve SVCM
« on: November 02, 2014, 16:48:03 »
Brothers and Sisters

Next weekend we are having our State of the Board Meeting.  We want memberships input into how we can improve Star Vision Christian Ministries and the programs and training we offer.  All responses must be Christ-like and positive.  We want to know from the body of this ministry what it is that you would like to see offered and what it is that we can offer members for the benefit of the Body of Christ. 

Courses we can offer other than that we offer.

God has lead me as your leader to extend our ministry to other areas of ministry such as outreach, team ministries, Local Mentors, (local mentors meaning someone near you that can help you in your studies, and reach out to new applicants to let them know we are pulling for them).

All suggestions are welcome.  Please submit on this board by November 7th, 2014 
Rev. Harry Greene
Senior Administrative Bishop
Star Vision Christian Ministries, Inc.
123 Thurman Drive, Thomaston, GA 30286
478-254-9958
"Ask not what God can do for you but what you can do for God" Called to Ministry and answering God's call.

Offline Dr. Allen Strickland

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
Re: Seeking Suggestions to Improve SVCM
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 17:08:26 »
Hello Brother Harry,

My suggestions have  been discussed many times, but here goes:

1) a mentor program that has each student with a mentor to keep them on track

2) a  offering, donation, or membership fee (small amount like $25  every               three  months). I suggest the money be used so the ministry can pay bills, help leaders and members. Maybe for some advertising, etc.

3) start a program to keep ordinates active.
"for who so ever calls on my name (Jesus)....."

Offline Bishop Harry

• Administrator
  • Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 20:13:28 »
Allen,

I like the way you think and feel you would bring much to the board, if your interested let me know.  I think your ideas are sound and along the lines of what God has on my heart. 

"Ask not what God can do for you, ask what you can do for God"

Bishop
Rev. Harry Greene
478-254-9958
"Ask not what God can do for you but what you can do for God" Called to Ministry and answering God's call.

Offline Ato Forson

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 15:06:09 »
Dear Bishop Harry,

Greetings to you in Jesus's name.  Please my suggestion is that at the end of every year all pastors who ordained through Star Vision should pay a little amount in order to keep Star Vision.  Thanks and be blessed. 

Pastor Ato Forson

Offline Bishop Harry

• Administrator
  • Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 11:21:57 »
Ato

That was sort of the thought behind the patches that with their sale we can build up an emergency fund and a petty cash fund to pay the website bill and for supplies.  The Ink, paper and such. 
Rev. Harry Greene
478-254-9958

Offline Rev. Clint

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 11:27:36 »
I know this is way past due but the idea just came to me.

What are your thoughts about having a social media presence? Sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, and others could reach the masses. And since the masses have very short attention spans, it may only take a bible verse or a positive thought or message to gain a piece of their attention.

As a 36 year old student, all I see as I walk the campus to my next class are kids on their devices. Even in class they're glued to their screens. Having a social media presence could be the beginning of a very positive thing in their lives.

Also by doing so, our family and friends can like and follow what SVCM is doing, therefore gaining the interest of friends of friends of friends of friends.
God bless & God speed.
Grace and peace be with you.

Offline Bishop Harry

• Administrator
  • Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 15:22:59 »
Brother Clint,

That is something that I have considered and tried but didn't get enough likes from members or others so I suspended the idea.  But it is worth exploring now.
Rev. Harry Greene
478-254-9958

rmartinez

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 15:54:42 »
We need a unified body as SVCM. i believe God wants to use each and every one of us to build this ministry stronger. In order to have SVCM be successful and productive we need to change some things like maybe add to our discussion boards. To keep minister licenses active we need to have requirements that should be met yearly. I also believe we need to have information on how God is using each one of us and where we are in our walk with the Lord. I feel that the ordination process and keeping an active license is kind of broad and it should be strict. The process of accepting applications should be. Strict. Also. Too many people aply and receive their ordination and they disappeared. This is not ok. We need to develop a better system completely.

Offline Bishop Harry

• Administrator
  • Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 20:02:17 »
Rachel,

It is funny that you mention this as this has been on my heart and Gerald and Randy and I spoke of this tonight.  We want to keep people active and applicants need to maintain contact with the board members or at least Bonnie to stay in the program and at the end of the application it asks them to prepay for their ordination to show they are serious.  If someone is serious about God's calling on their lives they will gladly do so.
Rev. Harry Greene
478-254-9958

Offline Rev. Clint

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 12:11:05 »
I think being too strict (adding more hurdles) will drive people away.

There is only one factor in this equation whose answer is what is required; God wants us to love everyone that comes here for a purpose. Whether it is to come and go, ultimately, it is up to Him to decide if they will be part of this ministry. All we can do is continue to strengthen our walks, be a support for our community here, and allow God's work, according to His riches and glory, to be carried out.

I get what you are all saying, and I do not mean to be negative on the issue, but I do not think raising the fences will keep new members in.

I think that we just need more of an attention getter once they are in.

Bishop Harry,
I had emailed you a while back about rebuilding the website to make it responsive. What about building an SVCM app? I think we need to have more from SVCM at our fingertips.
God bless & God speed.
Grace and peace be with you.

Offline Bishop Harry

• Administrator
  • Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 19:57:16 »
Brother Clint,

I like that idea but have problems getting people to work on the website and while I have done so before my time is limited due to health reasons and the Chaplaincy that I am involved with through another group in my local area.  If you have time let's talk on the phone. SVCM is now on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/bishop_harry
Rev. Harry Greene
478-254-9958

Offline Bro. Terry

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
    • Paul Terry Music
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 16:09:20 »
I've added my take on this topic, albeit on another thread ... may have to look about for it, but I promise its all there!  ;)