Author Topic: It was suggested  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Bishop Harry

• Senior Ministry Director
  • Administrator
  • Forum Member
It was suggested
« on: September 09, 2013, 18:33:30 »
I received an email from a member who suggested that I step down as the Bishop as they feel this ministry could run better without me.  What are your thoughts on this?  If the consensus is that I should I will effective January 1st.
Rev. Harry Greene
Senior Administrative Bishop
Star Vision Christian Ministries, Inc.
123 Thurman Drive, Thomaston, GA 30286
478-254-9958
"Ask not what God can do for you but what you can do for God" Called to Ministry and answering God's call.

Offline Olivia Dunaway

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
Re: It was suggested
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 08:31:02 »
  If I may speak frankly; Wo called you to this ministry? God, through the Holy Spirit? or man through word of his mouth?  I am certain we both know the answer to his. Enough said.
   Now for the fellow who spoke this, welcome aboard! For a number of years Bro. Don, Sister Donna, Bro Dennis, Pastor Gerald, Sister Cheryl, Sister Rachel, and numerous others have put their heads together and their hearts in prayer for the growth of this ministry. I am finally relieved to see another member who has suggestions. But I must say, if your idea is first to stand against God's annointed, then I will take the liberty to say I am not with you, in fact my prayers are lifted up for you. Outside of that, if you wish to suggest anything that would assist in the advancement of this ministry, your ideas will be welcomed.
   I have been heavily involved in full time ministry these past two years. I have hosted rallies, fund raisers, youth revivals, concerts, have invested thousands into the events, some we had a crowd of 400, some 20, others 200, and on Sept. 25th @ Bryan Christain College Chapel in Dayton we will be a part of a tri county youth rally. Plans have been executed, funds are dwindling, bands are hired, we are prepared to receive 6,000, we pray for 10,000, but in all reality, we might have only 10. The lesson here is: No matter how much you plan, how much you spend, how many times you cover all your bases, do whatever you wish, But Only GOD Gives the INCREASE. You can not make people come, you can not make them participate, only the Holy Spirit can through direction of our Heavenly Father. Any worship leader can tell you this. You plan and practice to the point of perfection, but come Sunday morning, you can't make the crowd sing, you can't make them lift their hands, you can't make them dance. That is the Holy Spirit's job.
    So in short... I do not feel we need a new leader, we just all need to come into agreement with Bishop Harry that this ministry is going to grow, and stand back and wait on the hand of God to move the Holy Spirit, in His Time. c John xv:xxiv
  In the meantime, we all need to be continuing in our own callings, being faithful in word as well as prayer to this ministry. If we can not do this then perhaps, we are in the wrong place.
Evangelist Olivia Dunaway

Offline Bishop Harry

• Administrator
  • Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 10:14:07 »
Olivia

I appreciate your thoughts and forwarded your comments to this person, I believe the reason they suggested this is because I declined to invite them into leadership as this person came from another ministry where there were problems and he was asked to step down and removed from leadership.  I have received a number of messages through email and facebook from this person who is angry that I won't put him into leadership.  I think that is the basis for his suggestion.
Rev. Harry Greene
478-254-9958
"Ask not what God can do for you but what you can do for God" Called to Ministry and answering God's call.

Offline Rev. Christie

• Director of Education and Training
  • Board of Directors
  • Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 10:26:38 »
I wholeheartedly agree with Olivia.  You have been called to this ministry and are doing a wonderful job especially considering the attacks of the enemy to stop you. 
I thought it was something personal because I didn't feel anyone who is either on the Board or actively participating on the forums would say such a thing.  I suggest you do as Olivia is doing and pray for this person while you hold your ground leading this ministry.
Besides, we need you Harry!
I will keep this member in my prayers and also pray for your strength and health.  You have great dreams and ideas Harry.  I would hate to see them fizzle away with this unjustified attack. Keep your armor on!
Bonnie
Bonnie Lee Christie
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.          1 John 4:4

Offline Olivia Dunaway

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 13:27:38 »
 Thank you, Rev. Christie. Bro. Harry, as I have stated, I am becoming quite adept
 in public relations. I have an idea that might help jumpstart this ministry. If you are interested drop me an email.
Evangelist Olivia Dunaway

Offline Bishop Sandi

• Board of Directors
  • Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 14:34:56 »
The idea of you stepping down is ludicrous.  You are doing a terrific job and you are called to this ministry...I knew that when you were still at UCFM.  Think about this....if God wanted you out, He'd let you know.  If Satan wanted you out....well?  Think about this member, about what they said, about how they said it.  I would be willing to bet (and I'm not a betting person) that there are little red flags that show it isn't God directed. 

Now Harry, I'd really like to see their message. I won't respond to it, but I really would like to pray over it and about it.

You stay put!

Offline Bishop Harry

• Administrator
  • Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 15:08:02 »
I have responded to this member and told him that until God tells me otherwise that I am not leaving and if they didn't like that they are free to leave themselves, he is upset because I won't put him in leadership.  He came from UCFM and immediately wanted to be in leadership, I was warned if he was he would try to be the one calling the shots so I declined his offer, now he is angry.  I won't mention who he is but I am sure Sandi can tell who it is. 

(Sandi)  his suggestion was so ridiculous that I deleted it as I know it was said out of anger but wanted to see if others felt this way.
Rev. Harry Greene
478-254-9958

Offline Chaplain Cheryl

• Director of Admissions
  • Board of Directors
  • Forum Member
    • The Message-Online Ministry
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 18:05:31 »
I know I haven't been on in a while with all going on but Harry I am glad you are not even considering this .
IHS
Chaplain Cheryl
http://chaplaincheryl.weebly.com/

"All things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."(Matthew 21:22 )

Offline Bishop Harry

• Administrator
  • Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 18:56:44 »
The person I am speaking is not with us anymore, he left.  I guess not getting his way wasn't something he is use to.
Rev. Harry Greene
478-254-9958

Offline littleolemedkc

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
    • Living For God Ministries
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 00:28:26 »
My goodness....who would have such a venomous attitude? That is ridiculous...I agree with all here..
Hi Bishop Harry, Bishop Sandi And Chaplain Cheryl, and I am pleased to meet you Sister Olivia...very well said
Where is the integrity and love of GOD in his people?  This is a perfect example of how NOT to walk.
And you will know them by their fruit...

Pastor/Chaplain Deborah Covington
(318) 779 2258
(318) 286 3545 Msg Phone

Offline Bishop Harry

• Administrator
  • Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 06:08:49 »
My friend I know and agree, since the email this person was removed from the ministry as his email was stated out of anger because I wouldn't allow him in leadership.
Rev. Harry Greene
478-254-9958

Offline littleolemedkc

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
    • Living For God Ministries
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 14:22:03 »
Amen..  :(  Its a shame people have to act like that.
Pastor/Chaplain Deborah Covington
(318) 779 2258
(318) 286 3545 Msg Phone

Offline Dr. Allen Strickland

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 13:43:41 »
Brother if ever required, our Lord Jesus would tell you directly that it was time....but until that happens, keep your position, your ministry, and your love for your people and the Lord.

Sincerely;    Allen Strickland
"for who so ever calls on my name (Jesus)....."

Offline Bishop Harry

• Administrator
  • Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2013, 19:43:21 »
Brothers and Sisters

Rest assured I am not going anywhere until the Lord leads me to do so so relax and love on each other and the Lord as he is Worthy of our Praise.
Rev. Harry Greene
478-254-9958

Offline Bro. Terry

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
    • Paul Terry Music
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2013, 21:16:09 »
I believe the majority have spoken.  Don't know who the individual in question is, then again, I need not know.  This I do know,  this ministry has a leader who already is a "proven leader" ... a seasoned leader, and as some have already so noted, one who was chosen of the Lord and hand picked by the previous leadership.  Enough said. Carry on brother Harry, and God bless & be with you.