Author Topic: Message Boards  (Read 2678 times)

Offline Bishop Harry

• Senior Ministry Director
  • Administrator
  • Forum Member
Message Boards
« on: December 08, 2012, 10:45:40 »
What is going on with the message boards, has it gotten to the point where people only post until they have their credentials and poof they are gone.  If this is the case how can we change that?  I have a few ideas on this but I will present them to the board before I say anything here.  Any ideas on how we can get the boards as active as they once were?
Rev. Harry Greene
Senior Administrative Bishop
Star Vision Christian Ministries, Inc.
123 Thurman Drive, Thomaston, GA 30286
478-254-9958
"Ask not what God can do for you but what you can do for God" Called to Ministry and answering God's call.

Dvan34

Re: Message Boards
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 21:18:58 »
Harry,

I have noticed this as well. My suggestion was made with the hope of attracting more participation and traffic to this board. Apparently there was little (No interest).

http://bbs.svministry.org/index.php?topic=4890.0

Offline Bishop Harry

• Administrator
  • Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 22:48:21 »
Don

Don't we already have some if not most of these sections already in here?  I looked and thought I found a good bit of this already in motion.
Rev. Harry Greene
478-254-9958
"Ask not what God can do for you but what you can do for God" Called to Ministry and answering God's call.

Dvan34

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 23:24:55 »
Harry,

I was thinking more of a section which could be used as a 'blog' where members and candidates could exchange questions and discussions of scripture, doctrines or ministerial matters. Not really a section just one ( I don't know what to call it) on the forum. Someone would have to monitor it and keep current with the posts and questions, and answer them or refer the questions to someone who could. It might work. For some reason the forum isn't really being used. I have been posting historical documents, doctrines and theologies to  Minister to Minister which I believe can provide a broader educational view, if they use them, of Church history down through the ages.

rmartinez

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 14:23:58 »
I like the "blog" idea. It would be great to share and ask questions on the board, however there is still this same issue of will people post and reply? I have definitely noticed a decline in posts and replies since my almost 2 years on the site. I would encourage those with a heart for serving God to step up and start posting and replying because we said that is something we would do as part of SVCM. It is also good to find out how others are serving the Lord and where God is leading them.

Offline Olivia Dunaway

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 14:47:23 »
 Guys; I am still here. This past month I have been really sick. I have been struggling with a reoccurence of HepB which I caught as a child. I have been in and out of the hospital several times and I am now starting to come around. Seeing I have spent much time down, I am pretty weak physically. God came through with a breakthrough this morning and finally, I am on the road to recovery. I am most anxious to get back up and get moving and back to work. Please keep me up in prayer.
Evangelist Olivia Dunaway

rmartinez

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 15:44:25 »
Olivia, I will definitely keep you in prayer.

Offline Chaplain Cheryl

• Director of Admissions
  • Board of Directors
  • Forum Member
    • The Message-Online Ministry
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 16:29:40 »
sending up healing prayers for you Olivia
IHS
Chaplain Cheryl
http://chaplaincheryl.weebly.com/

"All things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."(Matthew 21:22 )

Dvan34

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 17:20:40 »
If a blog were set up, perhaps it could be set up off SVCM, but linked to it. I think the idea of being able to communicate on a variety of ministry and educational subjects, even just to chat 'might' be valuable. Group discussions on various subjects and the Ministry Training courses could be productive. I hope that it could help create a sense of unity within the ministry. The Ministry Training Course is excellent, however, the automation doesn't promote interpersonal communication within the ministry. I have taken courses from several ministries and a Bible University which all had blogs. It might be worth a try. Nothing ventured---nothing gained. Additionally, corporate prayer is another very important area that could be implemented. Tools and a resources are certainly out there on the Internet and are free.

Offline Bro. Terry

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
    • Paul Terry Music
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 23:28:49 »
Olivia - Praying for you.  Have had hepatitis myself .... no fun!  But God is good, and healing is on its way for you!  :)

Don - I sent Bro. Harry a PM .... rather lengthy one I might add. Covers much of what is being discussed about the forum board here. Having dealt with design, maintenance, upkeep, and operation of boards myself before, it was just some ideas ... food for thought I hope he finds useful.

Offline Bishop Sandi

• Board of Directors
  • Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 13:10:35 »
I really wish I knew.  The blog idea might be good. 

Offline Chaplain Cheryl

• Director of Admissions
  • Board of Directors
  • Forum Member
    • The Message-Online Ministry
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 16:50:22 »
I kinda agree with Sandi. But I say some of the topics are here and no one posts so I'm not sure if a blog would be any different
IHS
Chaplain Cheryl
http://chaplaincheryl.weebly.com/

"All things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."(Matthew 21:22 )

Offline Bishop Harry

• Administrator
  • Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 01:06:23 »
If anyone knows how to set up a blog page we could link to the website please let me know as we are making changes to this website over the holidays.
Rev. Harry Greene
478-254-9958

Offline Bro. Terry

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
    • Paul Terry Music
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 01:54:39 »
Blog pages can be set up with just about any free blog-host provider such as bravenet.com or blogger.com   I think even Google has one as well. Set-up is easy, and all you have to do is run a link from STAR christian ministries to the blog webpage.  This being the internet, free blog pages are out there.  As to which one is "the best" is down to a matter of personal preference. 

The idea of having multiple people from here having their own blog webpage may be a wee bit different than just one of us from here having one.  As an example - having CCF being run by myself, since it doesn't require much maintenance, I would be the only one in need of, & using a blog webpage. If I had 'memberships', thats a different kettle of fish altogether. Especially if ALL members got a blog webpage to use upon registration.

If I understand this correctly though, you are simply going to go with whoever wants one ... and that's ok too.....should that be the option so chosen, and assuming blogs are the direction you want to go in, along with the rest of the STAR family.  But just to answer your inititial question, you would simply find a free blog-provider that can handle & will do multiple blogs for more than just one person .... once you have it set up, you would run a link from here to the blog website.

If you & the others opt for blogging, let me know ... and I will begin the research & get back with you.  :)

Dvan34

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 13:26:57 »
"The idea of having multiple people from here having their own blog  webpage may be a wee bit different than just one of us from here having  one."

Bro. Terry,
Actually I believe only one blog page should suffice where discussions could be held. Only one person or so from the Ministry could be responsible for hosting and monitoring the forum. It would be similar to what SVCM has now although linked to the SVCM webpage. Some blogs require that a person register in order to post. It probably would be wise to limit participation to our registered members within the ministry only.

I currently am administering a forum which allows Q & A's at:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/ptgm/messages/?msg=2069.1

This is a rather simple one to operate. Others I belong to are probably something we don't really need. This one has a lot of traffic and discussions on Reformed theology:

http://www.the-highway.com/forum/ubbthreads.php

I have belonged to this one, however it is very restrictive in permitting replies and posts. I haven't bothered to hang around long enough to fulfill their requirements:

http://www.raptureforums.com/index.cfm

So all of these indicate different styles and requirements. Probably along the order of the first would be all we need.