Author Topic: Abandoment Life .... Psalm 46:10  (Read 1094 times)

Offline PastorGerald

• Board of Directors
  • Forum Member
Abandoment Life .... Psalm 46:10
« on: June 14, 2015, 15:51:38 »
Silently Trusting in God's Saving Power. Psalm 46.10..... "Be still and know that I am God". "Be still" could mean 'sink down, relax, relax or withdraw" so that one may know God heart, direction or will in his / her life. But here in Psalm 46.10 "be still" means to totally abandon oneself' before almighty God. It's more than idleness before God; it is complete aabandonment of one's self. A machine may be in neutral and running; however, "be still" (here in Paalm 46.10) means sitting silently without any running power before our awesome God. Nothing is running except the ability to respond to God. This is the position for knowing God and His will for your life. Anything less than total silence before God one may never hear God again; though God is always calling after the wayward soul. I do not want to be geared up and ready to go; rather, I want to be totally abandoned to myself without any ability to move unless the Lord empowers and compels me. This will lead me to actually knowing the heart of God; the living true Jesus Christ. I must have the presence of Jesus by the awesome Holy Spirit speaking to my silent waiting. What a difference in my next moments of life. I want to abandon myself so that I may hear God. "Be still and know that I am God". ... psalm 46.10.
Pastor Gerald Casselman

Offline Chaplain Cheryl

• Director of Admissions
  • Board of Directors
  • Forum Member
    • The Message-Online Ministry
Re: Abandoment Life .... Psalm 46:10
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 18:03:01 »
Amen
IHS
Chaplain Cheryl
http://chaplaincheryl.weebly.com/

"All things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."(Matthew 21:22 )