Author Topic: "Get out of the City"  (Read 1610 times)

rmartinez

"Get out of the City"
« on: November 16, 2013, 09:45:15 »
This morning I was drawn to reading Jeremiah 21:1-14.
What stood out to me is that the Lord is against the house of Israel. He tells them  through the prophet Jeremiah that he is about to turn their weapons against them and that he himself will fight against them with an outstretched arm and a mighty arm in anger and fury.....
then jump to verse 8-9 and God says again through Jeremiah that he is setting before them the way of life and the way of death... whoever stays in the city will die and those who surrender to the Babylonians will live, he will escape with his life.

This verse made me immediately think of Jesus and what he has done for all people. God has set the way of life and death before us and it is up to us to choose to stay in the city or surrender and live.  Jesus promises us a new life, many people think that is in the material realm, but Jesus never said that. He said that he fills us up spiritually. A life of abundance and prosperity doesn't necessarily mean a nice new car or house, but does mean a life of spiritiual abundance, joy, peace and so on. I am not saying that God will not bless us with material things, but that should not be our focus. Our focus should be on pleasing God with the way we live our lives and how we are a living testimony to what Jesus has done for us.  Reaching out to help others "out of the city" and into a place of surrender to Jesus Christ the only Lord and Savior who can give true and complete freedom to anyone who asks and believes.

Offline roa73451

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
Re: "Get out of the City"
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 05:50:18 »
Hi Rachel, thank you for this message. I believe that this message entails the true purpose of the GOSPEL. It proclaims Christ as lord and Savior and as the only One who can give us freedom from the kingdom of darkness and convey us into His kingdom. This is a message of hope. This is good news, not good advice. The world must hear that in Christ a better life is assured to those who are willing to entrust their lives to Him. Those who believe have eternal life, for they are delivered from death. To get out of the city then, is to escape spiritual death and to take hold of God's great gift of Salvation by grace through faith in Christ our Lord and Savior. Thank you for this wonderful message. Be richly bless as you continue to proclaim Christ and His kingdom. Ronnie.

rmartinez

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 19:00:58 »
Thank you Ronnie and may you be richly blessed also  :)

Offline Bishop Sandi

• Board of Directors
  • Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 16:27:30 »
YOu are such a refreshing breath of air