Author Topic: Are You Truly Called?  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Bishop Harry

• Senior Ministry Director
  • Administrator
  • Forum Member
Are You Truly Called?
« on: September 14, 2013, 17:48:42 »
During my studies today I was reminded of several scriptures and I asked myself am I always in line with what this scripture is saying and if I said yes I would be lying.  We are human and subject to fall at times but it is what we do when we fall that makes the difference in our testimony.  I pray even when I am not trying to pray because I work to maintain a mind of prayer so I can be in tune with what God is telling me.  Are you able to say with all seriousness that you are called of God and meet these same standards as 1 Timothy 3: 1 - 7 spells out or do you need to work on that as I do.

This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3 not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; 4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); 6 not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Titus 1: 7 - 9

7 For a bishop must be blameless, as a steward of God, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, 8 but hospitable, a lover of what is good, sober-minded, just, holy, self-controlled, 9 holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and convict those who contradict.

I know it says bishop but it applies to all who are called of God to lead his people into righteousness.  I hold myself to this daily and I would hope that you would do the same.  I am not perfect but I am a work under construction by the Power of the Holy Spirit and through the teaching in God's Word.
Rev. Harry Greene
Senior Administrative Bishop
Star Vision Christian Ministries, Inc.
123 Thurman Drive, Thomaston, GA 30286
478-254-9958
"Ask not what God can do for you but what you can do for God" Called to Ministry and answering God's call.

Offline littleolemedkc

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
    • Living For God Ministries
Re: Are You Truly Called?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 13:53:51 »
Excellent food for thought Bishop Harry..Thank You
Pastor/Chaplain Deborah Covington
(318) 779 2258
(318) 286 3545 Msg Phone