Author Topic: " Season of Prayer"  (Read 1571 times)

rmartinez

" Season of Prayer"
« on: January 27, 2013, 13:35:55 »
In my church we have proclaimed a season of prayer for 2013. I believe that the church with a "C" should engage in a season of prayer also. Why should we engage in a season of prayer? Because first and foremost we are the children of God and we should seek His face in all things,. Second, because if we truly trust in Him to heal our land as  2 Chronicles 7: 14 states:  ---  " Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and heal their land".  then we should be fervent in our prayers always seeking restoration and healing for a fallen nation and a fallen "C"hurch. there is always a prayer request for illness, finances, etc. while those are wonderful, we want to have a close relationship to God in order to be a blessing as we are called to share the Gospel with all the world. We need to be an example of the love of Christ and having a close, intimate relationship with God is the first and foremost important thing so that we may be used as His vessels. This nation is falling away from God and we are being led into captivity away from God's presence as we speak, those of us who are faithful will see and understand that God can and will heal our land, homes, finances and all other aspects of our lives if we truly turn form our evil ways and look soley to Him in all we are, think, say and do. If not we will be led to  place where we don't want to be. If we as Christians want to see this nation prosper and our own lives prosper we need to be in constant, true whole-hearted prayer to the Father who is our all in all. There is no other.

Offline Chaplain Cheryl

• Director of Admissions
  • Board of Directors
  • Forum Member
    • The Message-Online Ministry
Re: " Season of Prayer"
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 17:32:47 »
so true Amen
IHS
Chaplain Cheryl
http://chaplaincheryl.weebly.com/

"All things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."(Matthew 21:22 )

rmartinez

Re: " Season of Prayer"
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 18:10:29 »
Thanks so much Cheryl