Author Topic: ... (Another crosspoinT)  (Read 2519 times)

Offline PastorGerald

• Board of Directors
  • Forum Member
... (Another crosspoinT)
« on: March 13, 2012, 15:07:59 »

So bad things happen? We can all give our ideas why they do. Was it the old ugly Adamic nature? Was it the fallen nature of someone else? It is surly true, because of the sin-tainted world from the fall, that trouble comes upon someone; just or unjust. Notice, however, the new position. Well, actually, not a new position; for it's been around forever. The idea, here, is that we need to look beyond the fallen condition of our world and humanity for the answer. Maybe we need to focus beyond the trouble or why it is there. Let's focus on the remendy. If we are willing to give Jesus Christ a thought today, then we know what He said about bad things, troubles or anything else we may bring up. Jesus said about bad things... "This has happened so that the works of God might be displayed in his life" (John 9.3). One of the key words here is "might"... not will. The "might" is conditional upon our will to follow God's plan (John 9.7). The result is "he came home seeing" (9.7). I am all for getting past my effort for placing blame on things, people or the inner condtions of the heart; though these are important. Let's give Christ a thought and walk in His remendy; rather than place blame on the other source (Genesis 3.12,13). Hey, God wants to focus upon His remendy through the purpose of His full expression in the world; thus Jesus Christ. I'm all for getting into the solution, rather than the blame... (Another crosspoinT  .... Gerald Casselman, evangelist
Pastor Gerald Casselman

Offline DonnaR

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
    • Branch of the Lord Church
Re: ... (Another crosspoinT)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 17:17:37 »
That was an outstanding word from the Spirit.  Thank you for sharing these thoughts and bringing our attention to keeping the main thing...the main thing.  All glory and honor to our great GOD!

Offline DonnaR

• Star Vision Ordinant
  • Forum Member
    • Branch of the Lord Church
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 17:54:06 »
Gerald...FYI.  I just used this teaching to give some counsel to a friend who asked me for my thoughts.  I was asked to address an issue that just came up within a church body where there is some difficulty.  The content of your post was used to minister to a further-reaching place than you may have thought.

Offline PastorGerald

• Board of Directors
  • Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 11:42:22 »
Donna...   welcome....  blessings to Jesus as you continue to minister to us, with us and to the world... gerald 
Pastor Gerald Casselman

Offline Chaplain Cheryl

• Director of Admissions
  • Board of Directors
  • Forum Member
    • The Message-Online Ministry
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 11:37:46 »
good word..
IHS
Chaplain Cheryl
http://chaplaincheryl.weebly.com/

"All things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."(Matthew 21:22 )